Ministry to men is a huge key to the health of our families, the church, and even our nation. I applaud the awesome work that is being done by many men’s ministry organizations all over the world. But it’s not enough! HAAAA!
Ministry To Men
It is not enough because there are many men who will continue to avoid the hands-on, kum-bai-ya, face-to-face church ministry that is currently available. Men for the most part are not “touchy and feely” when it comes to new social events, and especially spiritual gatherings.
You’ll have to hog-tie most of them and throw them in your trunk to get them to attend a men’s event. The problem is that you’ll never see them again.
Churches are constantly struggling to come up with new mens ministry ideas to attract new men. While daily devotions for men are an important tool to help equip men, other methods must be developed.
There are several obstacles that must be overcome before men will become a part of a church’s ministry to men. Let’s take a look at what some of those nuclear waste zones are and the plan to deal with them.
Ministry To Men Obstacles
1) Responsibilities: Many men already feel so stretched thin with their responsibilities (like NFL weekends and backyard barbecues) that they are
slow to add on another worthwhile activity.
2) Self-Evaluation: One thing men avoid like the shopping mall is taking a closer look inside to find out where they are missing it. This is really a useless activity since men are rarely wrong and have little to improve on.
3) Communication: Men typically communicate about practical or superficial things and struggle with sharing their feelings and heart-felt
desires. A common conversation may sound like this:”You better pass me those chips before I douse you with this salsa.”
4) Superman Complex: Every man has a secret identity complex in which he believes he is “stronger than a locomotive.” To admit that he is struggling with some character defect would be worse than retiring his riding lawnmower. Men put on a strong front to a ridiculous fault.
5) Accountability: This is one of the biggest secrets to success in life, but few men will submit to it. Every person would benefit by getting an accountability partner. Can anyone say, “the hole I am in is getting deeper”?
6) Procrastination: I’ll have to do a great job of explaining this one because no man is going to have a clue what I’m talking about. Several things can cause this behavior like fatigue, or being disatisfied about something or sometimes there can be a spiritual cause.
7) Prayer-phobia: This is the fear of praying around others. Prayer is a powerful activity, especially when there is agreement with others.
Even men who are already involved with some type of church men’s ministry can get contaminated by these toxic attitudes. The great news is there is a way to handle these dangerous obstacles without wearing a decontamination suit.
Ministry To Men Solution
It is called the Courageous Men’s Destiny Teams. To get more information about this outrageously simple and free on-line solution for MINISTRY TO MEN, follow this link now.
Family Life Winners